Saturday, February 13, 2010

Truffles

I really should have taken a picture of these, because they were just as pretty as they were delicious. The recipe is from allrecipes...and the name is Easy Decadent Truffles, and there is a picture that shows what they look like. Next time I make them I will snap some photos.
Easy Decadent Truffles
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softenend
3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese til smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar til well blended. Stir in melted chocolate chips and vanilla until no streaks remain. Refrigerate about 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls.

I took the advice of someone who had made these and divided the dough into three bowls, using 1/2 tsp of vanilla in one, almond in another, and orange extract in another (the orange was GREAT!). I should have rolled and dipped them right then, but I wanted to wait til morning so I put them back in the fridge, then they were too hard when I got them back out. So I microwaved them a little softer and dipped one batch in almond bark, rolled one in confectioners sugar (my personal favorite) and the other in chopped pecans.

This made 50 or 60 truffles enough to give all my friends at school some and fix a tray for the office. I got asked for the recipe several times. And it is SOOOOO easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment